TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Series 5,5200, 520D TV and cannot adjust the screen…

Customer Question
I have a Series...

I have a Series 5,5200, 520D TV and cannot adjust the screen so that news programs text does not falloff the screen

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 520D?

Less than 1 year

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 520D? What happened right before this?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The picture size is generated by your Cable/SAT box when using HDMI - so the TV itself is not the problem and the settings muct be accessed on the cable box.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

TV Technician: erwin-cssm,
 replied 8 months ago
erwin-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/auo4u-series-5-5200-520d-tv-cannot-adjust-screen.html).
Thank you, ***** Support Team.