TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote quit working, I replaced the batteries but it

Customer Question
My remote quit working...

My remote quit working, I replaced the batteries but it still would work. I called for help and will receive a new remote in 3 to 5 days. In the meantime I tried using the Sony remote that came with my TV and that seemed to have been a mistake. I offer the excuse of being 92 years and living alone. My question is should I request for a technician to visit my home or just wait for the new remote to arrive and go from there

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

I will have to check

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV worked but received the message that "no signal was found" this is Sony KDL according to the label on the back and it is about 6 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

My the TV was working just fine, it was the remote not able to work properly and final quit altogether

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's about it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced technician. We are now connected together on this convenient but independent website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here with Hello...

able to reply

Thanks for the reply.

Are you talking about cable remote that has stopped working?

OK, have you tried to reboot cable box as some times it works?

still got message of no signal. Will a new remote put me back receiving?

OK, it seems your TV is on wrong input source, please grab Sony TV remote and push Input button and select correct video input in source list where the cable box is hooked into.

for example, select HDMI-1 input if cable box is connected into that input of TV to get cable channel picture.

Please reply back with the result