TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Proscan powers off when a no signal is detected. Same hdmi…

Customer Question
Proscan powers off when a...
Proscan powers off when a no signal is detected. Same hdmi and cable box plugged into another tv works fine ,, ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/5/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced technician. We are now connected together on this convenient but independent website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here with Hello...

This is JustAnswer.com an independent support website and not the manufacturer support site.

** Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat**

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Hello

Hello, I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Is that $26 more for the phone call

Yes, phone call charge is additional $26

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

The model number is ***** up by a bracket wall bracket in the back the only thing connected to it is the HDMI from the cable box which works fine on any other TV
HDMI one it shuts off HDMI to it shuts off HDMI three it shuts off

OK, does TV power shut Off and what happens if push menu button on TV or its remote?

Does TV show menu screen?

Sometimes -Yes it does show a menu but interestingly enough it doesn’t give me the option to navigate between cable and air ..
Then even know the box is not checked to turn off when no signal is detected it turns off
I have reset unit also. The menu works fine when no HDMI is connected but one HDMI is connected to any port it gets locked into the cycle of the shutdown

OK, have you tried another video source such as DVD player etc into HDMI input of TV?

OK, let me see it

Sent
Above

Channel menu will be enabled when you select TV/Tuner in input source list.

Please try another video source to TV to verify the TV

Ok i’ll have to pull out another DVD player give me a minute

Sure, please take your time and sorry for the trouble

DVD played in primary TV -plugged the same HDMI into HDMI on a ProScan and it went through the shutdown procedures as well
It does receive a TV signal over air

Thanks for the test that confirmed it is TV internal fault and it seems HDMI processor chip mounted on main board is causing this issue, when it gets video signal it gets overload and shut down the TV, sorry for this news.

Replacement of main board in TV will fix the problem. Please check with shopjimmy.com with your TV model number to get replacement main board of TV if you have plan to do it yourself.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

you’re saying the TV is dead ?

TV isn't dead.

But main board need to be replaced to get HDMI inputs working again

You can use AV or Component Video inputs of TV to connect cable box or any other video source to this TV.

Ok. Thanks. And that cost me $28 for you to tell me that ? ❗️
I don’t have component or AV off of my cable box

TV has got hardware related failure that needs defective board replacement, I wish if I could fix it from here.

Ok. Thanks for trying
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , different tech here

I may have a solution for you if you are interested

Let me know

What’s that Jack ?

If your cable box has only HDMI out and your tv`s HDMI inputs are out then a HDMI to component convert might just do the trick

Let me show you that device , be right back

Ok. I May give that a try –