TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 12 yr old Sharp, 55" solid state tv. It has

Customer Question
I have a 12...

I have a 12 yr old Sharp, 55" solid state tv. It has developed a ac hum. Is my tv going out?

Technician's Assistant: What Sharp model do you have? How old is it?

12 year old Sharp Aquos LC80LE633U

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything works perfectly except for this hum which is connected to the volume.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced technician. We are now connected together on this convenient but independent website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here with Hello...

This is JustAnswer.com an independent support website and not Sharp support.

** Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat**

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Hello

Hi, lets start troubleshooting..

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

No, I don' t need you to call me. Just answer my original question!

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

.

I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.

It's only on the tv. Stereo, fm receiver DVD drive all ok! Just happens on the tv!

OK, you mean problem occurs when watch TV channels, is this correct?
If so, is the TV connected to cable service or hooked to antenna to get local channels?

We are on cable service. That is correct. The hum only occurs when we are watching tv!

Thanks for the info.

Problem could be coming from cable box as TV shows no issue when watch DVD etc that means TV itself is OK and problem is within cable box, lets try easy thing first that might work..

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Due to the nature of the problem, it may take a few tries back and forth before we finish the troubleshooting and fix the problem. If this fixes the problem, please rate 5 stars.

If above suggestion doesn't fix the problem, please reply, and I will return your response as soon as possible.

Rating negatively does not instigate a refund, but you can always request one from me if your problem is already solved.

I will try this when I get home from work! I will contact you later! Is this ok or will I have to pay another $5?

It is OK, we can continue it at later time and reply back with the result

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician