TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our samsung tv has difficulty starting,noisy and grainy for…

Customer Question
Our samsung tv has...

Our samsung tv has difficulty starting,noisy and grainy for several minutes. After it finally starts the picture is good.

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

I think it is about 5 years old the model # is LN46A550P3FXZA--VERSION CN09

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

YES THE TV MENU WORKS AND THE OTHER TV WORKS FINE---WE HAVE DIRECT TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LN46A550P3FXZA? What happened right before this?

THIS HAS BEEN AN ISSUE FOR ABOUT A WEEK

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/5/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If its poor starting to begin with then its likely the set has bad capacitors on the power-board a very common issue with samsungs of this era, your other issues will all be associated with that so the first thing that needs to be done is a visual inspection of these devices looking for leaking\ballooning up\raised domed tops, do you think you can do this yourself?or are you not comfortable doing this?ultimately it will mean replacing the capacitors or easier replacing the board (subject to the visual checks) let me know please thanks

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony