TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just had direct tv inatalled and my vizio tv wont work, no…

Customer Question
I just had direct...

I just had direct tv inatalled and my vizio tv wont work

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to DirecTV?

No just no signal

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Its not the internet. The Vizio tv doesnt have HDMI1 it only has HDMI

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/5/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

Who installed the receiver , you or direct tv people ?
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

direct tv
Model E191VA

They left while the tv was saying no signal ?

Note that myself I do not send the phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , i have no control over those.

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those and I`m not available for it at this time although another expert here may take you up on that when it gets posted to the board

Was the tv working when the direct tv guys left ?

I have to leave in 39 minutes. Can you call before that.
ok
Are you still going to help me now.

Sorry but I told you above that I could not call at this time , someone else may

We may have plenty of time here if you can answer my questions though and yes I`m here still

I was told by Direct tv that the tv needs to be changed to HDMI1.

Yes and did you do that ?

There is only 1 hdmi on this tv so just select that never mind the 1

At the rear of the tv it says HDMI 1 but in the input list it may just say HDMI

I dont know how to change it.

On the remote control top left the INPUT button is there or on the TV's right side the bottom button is INPUT either will do

Either press the button a few times until you get there or use the arrows once the input list is on the screen

Make sure the direct tv box is turned on as well

its not on back of tv. but on the screen it is HDMI

Never mind the name , there is only 1 hdmi , thats not important here

If it say HDMI on the screen then you are there

You installed this yourself did you ?

Check your wiring at the tv and receiver

No direct tv installed it.

Please answer this question , i`ve been asking 4 times now

when I tried to use it later it wouldnt work. I called the technician and he told me to reset it which if. It worked one time and hasnt worked since.

O.k then thats not good

The tv no longer sees the direct tv box

How do you reset it anyway ?

pushed the little red button to shut it down and then it restarted.

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

In the mean time pull out and back in the hdmi cable both at the tv and receiver

If that does not do it then your tv has a problem with its hdmi input and perhaps the component color coded cables might fix that if the receiver also has those jacks

I meed to leave. I will contact you later this afternoon. Thank you. ***** can taqlk to you later.

This tv is not very old at some 5 years but those vizio are not really made to last and 5 years is a long time for them by the way .

Again with the component inputs you`d still get a hd picture provided the direct tv box has those green/blue/red labeled Y/Pb/Pr at the back

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician