TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony Bravia smart tv purchased in November 2017…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony Bravia smart tv purchased in November 2017 from Harvey Norman. I had Netflix set up on it but I didn't complete the Netflix subscription properly and after one month Netflix no longer operates. I have now completed a new subscription and need to get that subscription to talk to the tv. When I press the Netflix button on the remote all I get is the word Netflix in red writing on a black background. Help please

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

No it hasn't done this before, it is only new and I am new to Netflix, elderly lady. Sony Bravia 4K HDR X70 E 49/123.2cm

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can I will. Is it very complex?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/5/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I tried all that but the problem is exactly the same. The word "Netflix" in red on black background.
I cannot do anything else now I have to go away for a few days. I will try again next week when my husband is back.

When you are back, please tell me the exact model of the TV