TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-50LB371U LED tv and the picture went…

Customer Question
i have a Sharp Aquos...
i have a Sharp Aquos LC-50LB371U LED tv and the picture went out i performed the flashlight test and noticed that the picture is their but the back lights are out, do ireplace the back lights and the T- Con board or or just the lights/
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/4/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

So with the flashlight test you could see the picture?

i could go through the menus when i have the flashlight pointed at the tv.

Thanks for confirming,

that is a backlight failure, which can be either the power supply board or the strips, both are very common failures in these tvs.

As a 2015 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best. These tvs are not actually made by sharp, they are built by hisense one of the lowest quality chinese electronic import companies and sold with a sharp licensed badge on them.

The power supply is the more likely failure and what I would start with if repairing, the bigger problem is that neither part is readily available right now and even if you do fix it you will not extend the life of the tv any appreciable amount as other parts will continue to fail sooner than later. I would not consider it worth fixing and would move on to a new tv with a fresh warranty from a more reputable brand, if it were my money.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.