TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My dlp tv is around 7 or 8 years old, purchased new from…

Customer Question
My dlp tv is...

My dlp tv is around 7 or 8 years old, purchased new from Best Buy. I’ve gone through a couple bulbs over the years and this time I was prompted by a clicking or a clunking sound that repeats itself over and over. I thought it was just another indicator that the bulb was going out as opposed to the normal crashing of bulb. So ordered another bulb and just put it in and turned the tv on.......only to see that it didn’t solve the noise I described. The picture is great.....but the noise is still present. Hope this a familiar explanation. Stan Thesenvitz

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Well I hadn’t moved anything but I’ll check right now.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/4/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

It could be a fan you will need to examine the fans as one may be clogged, there are about 4 fans in total but the lamp fan is most suspect outside of that it could be the color wheel this is also a rotational motor driven unit, are you able to do this yourself,?it will mean removing the lower-back of the set ,let me know

Would the picture still be fine if it were a color wheel, because the idea of there being a clogged fan would make sense because of the age.

Yes it can still look OK its only when it starts to go really bad that you will notice color differences,but fan issue is most suspicious