TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 40" Visio tv. Had it for about 2 years and today…

Customer Question
I have a 40"...

I have a 40" Visio tv. Had it for about 2 years and today lost the sound completely. Please advise

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model Visio M220va. Purchased 10/15/10

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works and I haven't checked the other sources

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your M220VA? What happened right before this?

Started today and it worked up to today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried the remote from the tv and it didn

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/4/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem. Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

ok it worked. Thank you

Excellent and you're welcome! Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance?