TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The sound quite working, all else appears to be good. Where…

Customer Question
The sound quite working...

The sound quite working, all else appears to be good

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Where is that information?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Right before

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/4/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please tell me everything that is connected into the tv?

nothing, just tv

Tv channels? From what? antenna or cable box or satellite box or?

cable box

Ok. And are you using the speakers built into the tv? or external like sound bar or surround sound?

the speakers built into the tv

Please try this:

-leave the tv ON

-unplug the power cord for the cable box

-reseat the audio/video/hdmi cables on the back of the tv AND back of the cable box

-plug in the power cord for the cable box

-watch the tv as the cable box boots up

Reply and let me know what happens.

came back up, the bar at the top of the screen came up, picture, sound etc....

Great! so everything is working, correct?

Do you still need help?

Before you go please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

STILL NO SOUND !!!!!!

Oh because you wrote "came back up, the bar at the top of the screen came up, picture, sound etc".

Is the box connected with HDMI ? or something else?

when it 1st came back on that is what happened, then I hit the menu as it requested the picture all came back, still NO SOUND !!

So there was sound when it first came back on?

NO !!!

HDMI

Do you have another hdmi cable that you can swap out?

Do you have another cable box that you can swap out?

no

Then I suggest you contact your cable company to come out and replace the box and the hdmi cable.