TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When I turn the TV on, it turns on & off several times, then

Customer Question
when I turn the TV...
when I turn the TV on , it turns on & off several times , then it makes this screeching sound ( very high pitched) with the blurred screen that has different colors before it finally turns on. After this process, then everything is perfect. What is wrong ? What part is needed?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung about 10 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes , everything else works
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: about four months or more
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: does it just need a part or component to change
Submitted: 8 days ago.Category: TV
12/4/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 days ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Could you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
hold on

OK there is no rush take your time

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
MODEL LN53A550P3FXZA version SQ01
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Are you still there, Anthony?

Yes hold on

OK I believe this to be the back-lights arcing then settling down (screeching) however as always with samsung we have a visual inspection of the power-board so that will be the first check,if that checks out OK then I am afraid its not an option to replace back-lights in this set because of cost and even availability of the lights which I think will now not be available anyhow, let me know if you want to have a look at the power-board

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
I just checked my credit card and I have two charges $5.00 and $20.00. do you know what this is Anthony?
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Is that the free 7 day trial charge for 1 week?

I am not privvy to billing I am a technician that uses the site like you do but the way I see it there is a $5 charge to ask the question when I respond the rest of the deposit is taken, I know nothing about free trials etc

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
I guess I will just buy a new TV then Anthony. I hope you get paid for answering my question. I thought it was only $5 refundable. I am going to complain about the $20.00 charge that I did not authorize.

OK its very likely the back-lights have gone bad on the set sorry for bad news....everything about payment would have been explained sorry for confusion

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician