TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It shuts off within 3 seconds of turning on. 2 years Vizio.

Customer Question
It shuts off within...

It shuts off within 3 seconds of turning on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

2 years Vizio

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Can get it to stay on long enough

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

M370NV I sat on the remote control

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/4/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

OK to rule out any remote control issue please take the batteries OUT OF the remote so the remote no longer works,turn the set ON at the set itself ,is it still switching itself OFF?

it is

Then its nothing to do with the remote control problem is likely to be a bad main-board Vizios tend to have a lot of problems with their main-boards, if you want to replace this board yourself please let me know I will provide all the necessary info to do that,cost of board will be around $100,let me know,sorry its nothing easier

Let me know please

Antony

I read that it could be stuck in RGB mode and I should try to plug in to a monitor to fix. Is that not a possibility ?

No the set cant be stuck in that mode because its switching ITSELF OFF ,if the sets OWN menu does not come up, is the power-light lit on the front of the set?what color is it?

It is white when it turns off but it turns orange the few seconds it is on.

Actually white is ON for vizios so I would expect that to be the other way around?

orange when it shuts off. White when it is on for a few seconds

Its a bad main-board Vizio sets do tend to have problems with their main-boards,it will need to be replaced,cost of board can vary but as a ball park figure around $100,let me know if you want to replace it yourself I will provide all the relevant info for that,sorry its nothing easier

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony