TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony combo DVD and VHS player and an LG TV. Need…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony combo DVD and VHS player and an LG TV. Need instructions to play a DVD movie with Sony and LG remotes.

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have?

Video DVD Combo. There is a number on the remote RMT-V501A

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony system?

All kinds ot stuff and I'm very lost. Are there any instructrions for this machine?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

??

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/4/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Sony combo DVD and VHS player and an LG TV..."

Additionally, please describe how the Sony combo is connected to the LG TV using what kind of cable(s).
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I am so screwed now. I can’t even get my Xfinity tv to work! I don’t even want to watch the dvd any more!
The dvd is playing now. I hope I can get back to Xfinity tv when it’s over!

And the model numbers please? ...how are these interconnected?

In most LG TVs, it would require pressing on the INPUT button to cycle through the sources; TV, HDMI1, HDMI2, AV and others.

Have you tried / can you please try this?

In some, the selections would have their own individual buttons; TV, STB, DVD, VCR and even also an INPUT button.

It’s an old set. I can’t find any numbers. I found some instructions I wrote when movie has finished: go back to tv and then it says HDMI 2. I’ll try that when the movie is over in 2 hours.

Yes please.