TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a,Panasonic TH-42PD50U plasma tv. Ever since I had…

Customer Question
I have a,Panasonic TH-42PD50U...

I have a,Panasonic TH-42PD50U plasma tv. Ever since I had the tv Netflix has been dark. How do I fix this? Thank you

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TH-42PD50U?

Yes there is an HDMI cable

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No...i had the TV for 5 years and it has been this way since I had it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Does this happen on anything other than netflix? Other apps, cable/satellite, dvd, etc?

No

Okay so what is the source of your netflix connection?

I guess my cable box or Wi-Fi. It comes through internet. I have a Netflix button my remote.
On what remote? Your cable remote?
No..the TV remote
That is not likely. The Panasonic model you gave is a very very old tv model and does not have any internet or Netflix capability of its own.
Sorry..but yes it is on my TV remote!!!!
The remote clearly says, "Panasonic. TV" on it
Can you recheck the tv model for me? Do
You perhaps have a Panasonic Blu-ray player too?
You are correct. Wrong model number. Looked on the TV. Model is TC P60VT60
Thank you for checking. If it happens only on the built in app you can try adjusting the brightness in the Panasonic menu. First open Netflix then press menu and go to ththe picture options and adjust then let me know if turning that up helps

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Louie, Technician