TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Suddenly video disappeared but audio continues. Model

Customer Question
Suddenly video disappeared but...

Suddenly video disappeared but audio continues.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model 42LG20-UM.I am uncertain of its's age.Several years I'm sure.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu does not appear.TV is connected to Direct TV.Should I disconnect and then try the Menu function?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 42LG20? What happened right before this?

On Thursday AM,I turned it on as usualand no picture but sound was fine.Nothing unusual the previous morning which was the last time the set was used.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Noi.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Don't disconnect anything from DirecTv- simply grab the original LG remote and press MENU- does the set's own MENU come up?

No

Okay then this indicates a hardware failure in the TV. Shut the TV off and turn it back on- does the LG logo display- or does the screen appear pitch black?

This is a scam and a waste of time.I want my refund

I don't handle refunds, and it's not a scam. The site sends you offers- not me. You can refund yourself using the site help pages. I'm a user of the site not a billing agent or employee. Good day!