TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Early Monday. We have a lovely P Sierra TH 37D 25 A. All…

Customer Question
Good morning early Monday...

Good morning early Monday. We have a lovely P Sierra TH 37D 25 A. All properly connected, brilliantly clean. No problem since purchase. Last night I turned it off after normal use, then remembered I needed to check recording and turned it quickly back on. Nothing. Power comes on. screen blank. Tried 3-4 timesaver night after checking cables. Nothing. Totally unresponsive to remote. green light just flashes, tries, kind of faint blue light across screen. But nothing. Checked booklet. ???? What do? Thanks Neil

Technician's Assistant: What device has a bad screen?

The Panasonic Sierra TV Model TH etc.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Panasonic TV?

Yes. As normal.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks Pearl

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens.

Please follow the steps below:1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program. Let me know what happens.