TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sony smart tv. My tv keeps resetting itself. I've…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a sony smart tv. My tv keeps resetting itself. I've tried all the usual stuff like unplugging it and waiting 60 seconds, then plugging back in. I've tried holding arrow up and pressing power also.

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

Model # KDL-55W800B

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

2014

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your KDL-55W800B? What happened right before this?

Menu everything-same problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just staring happening. started

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please provide bit more info about 'resetting'?

Does it switch Off and back On or shows initial setup screen when turn On power?

shows initial setup, if i push any button, light on bottom turns red then reset screen comes up. It keeps loopiing a reset.

Sorry to hear that, tis kind of problem mostly occurs due to internal failure of main board of TV (faulty EEPROM chip on main board) and replacement of main board will fix the issue.

typing more info, hold on please.....

Please check with shopjimmy.com to get identical replacement main board for this TV if you have plan to do it yourself.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Ok thanks. I had a feeliing it was bad haha.

Much welcome, I wish there was an easy/ quick fix available for this trouble in TV.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks