TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I unplugged it to paint the walls, when i plugged back in,

Customer Question
I unplugged it to...

I unplugged it to paint the walls, when i plugged back in, the tv is locked on a software update, can't access anything, samsung says one connect mini possibly bad, any experience with this? seems like lots of owners having same problem

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

No idea, its a samsung tv

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your software?

Never

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

model is samsung un60ju7090fxza

Thanks for the info.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

just direct tv. i cannot get to video sources because its on contstant loop of updating software

OK, is the TV connected to internet (via wifi or hard wire)?

wifi

OK, please grab Samsung TV remote to proceed with software update and reply back with the result

it doesn't end, it was on update for 2 hours and just kept going

This is odd - Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

already tried that 5 times with samsung tech, same thing, seems to be a samsung issue but of course they won't do anything to help

Please try it for 10 minutes

did that this morning when on phone with samsung ,same issue

Sorry to hear that and this also confirmed that TV software/ firmware has been corrupted and causing this loop, sorry for this news. It seems you would need to replace main board of TV to fix this issue. Please check with shopjimmy.com to get identical replacement main board for this TV if you have plan to do it yourself.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

thank you,

Much welcome, I wish there was an easy/ quick fix available for this trouble in TV.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks