TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My vizier is asking me to accept the terms of service and…

Customer Question
My vizier is asking...

My vizier is asking me to accept the terms of service and how do I input that on the the tv screen using the remote?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Where is that on the tv? I purchased it last spring

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can't get pass this on the screen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Probably 2 months ago nothing happened it worked then 1 day i turned it on and this has been the issue since

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , i have no control over those.

Sorry , i posted here by mistake , will opt out and repost your question

hello
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the Vizio? Also are you trying to use the original Vizio remote, or a cable remote?

original visio remote
and let me check tv

Okay.

E55-E2

Thank you. These symptoms indicate the Vizio's Mainboard has locked up (and in some cases may indicate a premature failure in the set).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (located on the lower left hand rear corner of the set), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and functions normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

doing the last round...and...
no bueno... didn't work

I'm sorry to hear that and this indicates a hardware failure in the set (very common with Vizio set's unfortunately). The only other thing you can try is to leave the set unplugged for an hour or more in the hopes it resets. Beyond that the set would need to be serviced under warranty by Vizio.

ok. thanks

How to Get Service

Before obtaining warranty service, you may visit www.vizio.com for additional help and troubleshooting. To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

ok. is this really the problem?

I'm not sure why I would tell you that if it wasn't.

The set was working fine and then popped up a screen you couldn't get out of using the remote, sounds like a hardware fault to me.

Do you need further assistance with this?

with a little googling just now, it says that maybe I need a new remote

If you say so.

boo. hiss. what did i pay for?

You paid for a tech to diagnose what was wrong with your TV, but you believe you have found the answer yourself. You also did not pay me- but rather paid the site. I've been working with these sets for around 10 years, and know a mainboard issue when I see one. The set will not just come up and ask you to accept the terms of service one day out of the blue. If you're interested in a refund, then you would process that yourself using the site help pages. I'm an independent tech, and I stand by my assessment of the TV.

ok. great help
Aric, Technician