TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

WILL NOT TURN OFF OR CHANGE CHANNELS. SAMSUNG ABOUT FOUR…

Customer Question
WILL NOT TURN OFF...

WILL NOT TURN OFF OR CHANGE CHANNELS

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

SAMSUNG ABOUT FOUR YEARS OLD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

YES

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I TURNED IT OFF BEFORE GOING TO BED LAST NIGHT WHEN IT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY. tURNED IT ON THIS MORNING WANTED TO CHANGE CHANNELS (FROM2 TO FOXTEL) WOULD NOT DO SO. pUT NEW BATTERIES IN THE REMOTE NO CHANGE. STILL WILL NOT CHANGE CHANNELS OR TURN OFF.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Does it turn off and change channels ok if you use the control panel on the TV?

Check and let me know if any of the buttons on the TV's built-in control panel appear to be stuck.