TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Unable to get channels. Samsung 1M5300 New. Unable to

Customer Question
Unable to get channels ...

Unable to get channels

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 1M5300 New

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 1M5300? What happened right before this?

Unable to connect since purchase. Purchased Digital Converter AT103B tonight

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Installation guide, click ok, doesn’t work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please give me the complete model number of the tv?
Are you trying to use it with an antenna, basic cable, or a cable/satellite box?

Samsung Full HD TV 32 5 Series M5300. Digital Turner converter box will be used to view local channels

Those are all features, can you give me the actual model number, from the back of the tv, please?
What is that converter box connected to? Antenna?

UN32M5300AF. Converter box connected to antena

Okay the converter box is the likely issue here, there is no need for a converter in the first place as the tv has its own internal tuner.

I would recommend you try byapssing the converter for now and connect the antenna directly to the RF port on the tv

set the samsung INPUT mode to TV

then go into the samsung menu and run the channel scan function

Do I need to on, or will it work come on automatically
Waiting for reply

I don't understand what you are asking.

You need to turn the tv on, press INPUT to get to tv, then go to the menu and run the scan

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.