TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

VCR/DVD player is on and running but we cannot get it to…

Customer Question
VCR/DVD player is on and...
VCR/DVD player is on and running but we cannot get it to talk to the TV, a VIZO
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover and dvd/vcr as well ?

I`m sorry but something just came up and I will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
VIZIO TV model #5420-B1 DVD/VCR DV22609 C 2012 D

I`m back around , still need help with this connect ?

If so then please give me the brand name of the dvd/vcr and check the model number again , this one does not compute

MAGNAVOX DV226MG9 C

O.k then give me a few minutes please

That would be DV220....... for the magnavox

Did you have in mind to use the vcr part as well or only the dvd ?

both, mostly the DVD. choice works fine, the unit has worked before for somebody who knew what they were doing.

OK and I would guess that you e using a set of red/white /yellow cables /plugs ?

that is correct

O.k then first on the dvd/vcr locate the jacks under where it says DVD/VCR , they will be red/white yellow as well

Match the colors of the plugs and jacks

Start will that and I`ll type the rest

the cables are in place

OK , on the tv you will connect the yellow plug where it says Y/V it will be green jack then the red/white audio in the red/white L/R jacks

the back or the front of the TV?

The front ???

At the back

Once done press the input button on the TV's remote and select COMP

By the way start a dvd first

That should be it

Let me know how that goes

on the tv you will connect the yellow plug where it says Y/V it will be green jack then the red/white audio in the red/white L/R jacks

There is only one place you can connect this on this tv and its at the rear then set the input to COMP and you`re done

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

using the "input" does nothing. What is COMP?

When you press the INPUT button on TV~S remote ,not cable now , the input list does not open ?

Which remote are you using anyway ?

You need to use the tv remote here

the one which controls all the TV functions, channel, volume, review channel selections, etc.

The input button does nothing , does not open a list ??

NO!

Anything working on that remote ??

Something`s wrong here

There is a small button at the rear lower left it doubles up as power and input once the tv is on

With the tv on press it once and tell me if the list opens then with the arrows on the remote select COMP that's the input where you are connected

all functions work, on/off, channel, volume, channel reviews, checking channels over time, etc. we use if only for the TV. We have not been able to get the VCR/DVD to work. It HAS worked for those who know what they are doing.

Something`s wrong here

This is not a question of knowing what you`re doing , there is a malfunction here

The input list should open when you press INPUT on the remote

when I press that button it says to press PIP on/off to change, what is that?, I can't find it on the remote.

Just try to press that button a few time to go through the inputs

This tv is really mixed up

There is no PIP on this tv

then I guess you have not been able to help me. any other suggestions?

Reboot the tv

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv (button at the rear) ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

If that doesn`t do it then you have now a defective tv

Those vizio are famous for defective main boards which controls those functions

the power change didn't change anything, I have no problem going along with you, although the DVD/VCR has
worked before. thanks for your assistance.

Can`t help you if you`re tv is defective , i can only give you an idea of what is needed for the repairs

we will have to review our options, thanks.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.