TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am not able to get sound from my Sony TV. sorry it took a…

Customer Question
I am not able...

I am not able to get sound from my Sony TV

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

Hi -- sorry it took a few minutes. It is KDL-40EX500 and it is likely at least 8 years old. We had a Sound Bar attached that wasn't working so took it out and now can't get sound. Thank you so much.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I must say that i am somewhat of a luddite and am not very knowledgeable about such issues. The TV picture is working, just no sound. We have Roku and regular cable.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That is the question -- how to get sound after I took the sound bar out.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

There are settings in the TV's MENU under audio for turning the TV's speakers on and off. You need the original Sony remote and to press the HOME/MENU button to get there. Do you have that?

Great. The sound was working fine until I pulled out the sound bar and now there is no sound.

I'm not available by phone, the website sends that offer without my consent. I had jjst posted this prior to your reply:

I don't have the orignal Sony remote. I have the Xfinity-Comast remote

You can't use the Xfinity remote for this, those settings are in the TV's internal menus- not the cable box menu. The cable remote only controls basic functions for the TV like volume and power. There's no way to do this without the Sony remote, so I will find a link to where you can purchase one since you said you don't have it.

First, those instructions to turn the set's speakers back on are on page 34 of the manual at the link below:

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20100222145700/Manuals/158/15832EX400.PDF

Ok. The sound was ok before I hooked up the sound bar. so is there some way to go back to that? I appreciate your help and it is a tad frustrating because we can't get the sound bar to work for sound and now the TV itself won't produce sound. %$&2!!

Sorry, no idea.

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.