TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sony bravia tv, goes black for a second n says no signal,

Customer Question
My Sony bravia tv...

My Sony bravia tv , goes black for a second n says no signal , then comes back on

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Not sure it's second hand

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I think it's just through hdmi

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

For a while not sure to be honest

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/2/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, give the box a few minutes to bootup, and then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?