TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sony KDL 32EX400 TV comes on for 3-4 seconds and completely…

Customer Question
Sony KDL 32EX400 TV comes...
Sony KDL 32EX400 TV comes on for 3-4 seconds and completely powers off. No lights. Will not restart with power button or by unplugging and reconnecting. Time unplugged is not a factor. TV received a power surge several years ago, due to a lightning strike. Surge protector tripped, but not before power hit the TV.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/3/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Was it a power-surge because of a storm?/lightening?

Lightening. It took out several items along my back wall and fried the surge protector this tv was on.

This is likely JUST to be the main-board bad but could be both the main-board and power-board,there is no accounting for lightning or surges, as this is a 32 INCH set and fairly old now you would be better off just replacing it as these smaller sets now have dropped considerably in price,to repair your set in money terms would be the same as replacing it, I am sorry for bad news here

Anthony

Need any more help with this please?