TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It will not power up, it has been working fine until today.

Customer Question
It will not power...

It will not power up, it has been working fine until today

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Power strip

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It is a smart tv

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/2/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV and how old is it please?

UN60F7100FXZA 3 years

Thank you. Are there ANY signs of life at all (power light lit or blinking, clicking sounds, etc.)?

I would rather type

I'm not sending the phone call offer- site does that on it's own, you can ignore it. Are there ANY signs of life at all (power light lit or blinking, clicking sounds, etc.)?

just the Comcast indicating it will take time to power up

You lost me. I was talking about the TV itself. Are you saying your TV screen is giving you that message?

Then your TV is fine- it doesn't have a problem at all. It's your Comcast box connected to this TV that does. If the TV were the problem there would be no messages or video at all on the screen. The Comcast box connected to it is not powering up. You would need to first reboot the box by shutting the TV off- then pulling the power cord out of the back of the box for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Once the box reboots- turn the TV on. Check for that message. If you still have it then you will need to call Comcast since it's a problem with their equipment (not your TV).

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?