TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The image on my Samsung screen seems to have out of the

Customer Question
The image on my...

The image on my Samsung screen seems to have blown out of the frame, as if it have been magnified. I cannot read the infos on the lower band

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?

Yes there are

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No, as I am aware

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that I can think of due to my ignorance on the matter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/2/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote: AspectZoomHD ZoomRatio(#) symbol under the 9 key Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.2