TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm need to get a light bulb for my tv model number

Customer Question
I'm need to get...

I'm need to get a light bulb for my tv model number kdf46e2000

Technician's Assistant: How old is your KDF46E2000?

Not sure around 10years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your KDF46E2000? What happened right before this?

It starting to get dark at times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/2/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Yes, if your screen is intermittently getting darker at times, this is a tell tale sign that it's time to replace the Lamp (bulb) in the set. These lamps will lose brightness periodically giving an indication that they're becoming unstable. You would want to replace the lamp before it gets any worse. I am pulling up a source for the lamp now.

The lamp for your set can be purchased at the link below (beware to avoid the $30-$40 Amazon lamps as they're "copies" and do not last very long at all):

http://purelandsupply.com/sony-projector-lamp_kdf-46e2000.html

Instructions for replacing the lamp can be found in your owner's manual at the link below on page 76:

http://pdf.myprojectorlamps.com/projector-manuals/pdf/SONY/SONY%20KDF-42E2000.pdf

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Very good thank you

You're welcome! Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Thank you for your help I rate you a10 very good

There's 5 stars at the top of your page- can you scroll up and click on them?