TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 50" Vizio Smart TV that the picture quit working.

Customer Question
I have a 50"...

I have a 50" Vizio Smart TV that the picture quit working. The set is 2.5 years old and I hate to pay for a new one if this one can be fixed. It reminds me of an old console that the horizontal hold went crazy on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a Vizio 50 inch that is 2 and a half years old. I don't have access to the model number right now.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Same issue on all inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

I was watching it with my grandson when this happened. I have had it powered down for a couple of weeks and tried it again today with no luck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The system still has sound.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote does that come up or not please?

Anthony

I cannot see it

OK can you see any visible light at all on the screen even in a darkened room ?this check will verify if the back-lights are lit or not

So you can see visible light even though its feint,if so then the back-lights are lit and the problem is with the t-con board that drives the LCD panel,it will need to be replaced,do you think you can do this work yourself?I will be happy to help you with that,just let me know

Anthony

Sorry its nothing easier but just to clarify this is a plug in board

Do you need any more help with this please?

Antony