TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Error code ne 65 banner showing when casting. Philips 5000…

Customer Question
Error code ne 65...

Error code ne 65 banner showing when casting

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Philips 5000 series brand new 4k ultra HD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Just casting

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Its brand new

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/2/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Th NE65 error indicates a network problem, and it can occur if your casting device's anti-virus protection software is blocking the signal.

If you are running any virus software that has a 3rd party firewall you would need to disable it.

Some examples are Norton Internet Security, McAfee Security Center, Trend Micro Internet Security; if you have one of those open the software and look for an option to disable the firewall and see if the wireless connection works then.

Reply back and let me know if that works?

Pete, Electronic Engineer