TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic TC-P54S1 Plasma. Every once in a while…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic TC-P54S1 Plasma. Every once in a while the video blacks out and the audio continues. This started when I removed the hdmi cable to connect another tv. Then 2 days later I plugged the hdmi cable back into the tv and this started. I changed the cable box and no help. Any ideas? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

TC-P54S1, about 10 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes when playing a video off the DVR it does the same thing

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

It was an excellent tv, then I unplugged the hdmi cable for 2 days, connected another tv, then hooked the Panasonic back up and the problem started

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/2/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Thanks. I cannot do it right now. My family is watching a movie and I would be shot if I tried. I will do it later. Thanks for your help.

Okay, I hear you.