Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an Emerson TV and have since lost my remote. I

Customer Question

I have an Emerson TV and have long since lost my remote. I operate my TV via the Cox Contour control. The problem is that someway the TV has now set itself to Video instead of TV. How do I get it set back to HDMI
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just today. I've never touched anything other than the Cox remote and have no idea why this happened
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. I just need to know what to do and how to do it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That that's it. I just talked to Cox and we trouble shooted and everything looks fine from their end. I even replaced the remote box for the TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. You will have buttons on the TV that you can use to change the input as well as on the remote. Have you checked the for an input or source button?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I waited for over 30 minutes and no response. I had to leave for a previous appointment. There is only one button, MENU on the TV. Once that appears I don’t know how to negotiate
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I channel or volume buttons to negotiate?
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. Let me know when you are ready to proceed.