TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a new 55" q7 smart tv and i'm trying to hook it up to…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new 55" q7 smart tv and i'm trying to hook it up to my cable box. There is a coax connection on the back of the connect one box and I have connected to that but it seems like the tv is telling me i need to use an HDMI cable to connect to the cable.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Qn55q7amfxza and it's brand new.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The only other input source at this time is a blue ray player and yes it works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Since i connected it to the connect one box last night. We were trying to set it up with the cable connection.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/1/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please carefully check the model number off the back of your TV and reply back with it? The one you posted does not appear valid. Also, does your cable box have an HDMI outlet on it? If so, we want to use that. Let me know!

model qn55q7famfxzxa and no the cable box does not have an hdmi port
are you with samsung?

Okay, you need to go into the setup of the TV, and find the channel menu. From there you'll select Cable and then run a channel scan. Let me know if you're able to find that.

I'm in the set up but don't see anything about a channel scan

Do you see anything regarding channels?

No. It says 1- check cable connection, 2- press source button to Scott and connected source
To select a connected source