TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a pioneer tv that has class on the outside with a…

Customer Question
I have a pioneer...

I have a pioneer tv that has class on the outside with a reflective coating on it thst got washed and peeled off with a cleaner we used on it. Was under the impresssion thst it would be possible to just replace the glass as opposed to the entire tv. Would you be able to assist with that?

Technician's Assistant: What Pioneer model do you have? How old is it?

Model is pro-1140hd serial # flpm020759uc

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv works perfectly fine, the picture just looks different in the spots where the coating/film has been wiped away.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Pioneer? What happened right before this?

It's a recent issue. The reflective film washed off with the cleaner we used just a few weeks ago now. I've called pioneer to see if they could replace the glass and they transferred me to a place in California that didn't have the glass in stock Do you know if just the outer glass and film can be removed and replaced without getting a new tv?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's all. Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 3 days by:
12/5/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I’m trying to find out if the front plastic screen that has a reflective film on it can be replaced on this model.
I do not want to be charged both $33 and then an additional $26. If the call is 26 and the 33 will be refunded I will call. Thank you

Yes, it can be fixed by a local repair shop but you are looking at an expensive charge.

It could be anywhere from $300-$1000 depending on how hard it is to obtain the glass.