TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to hook up a tv after move and think it is all set up…

Customer Question
Hello trying to hook...

Hello trying to hook up a tv after move and think it is all set up but cant get response from remote to move off which language.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Aquos 60 inch

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

All but cant get remote to move off the language

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/1/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

If none of the buttons work, this generally points to a fault with the TV's Mainboard and likely requires replacement of this part to fix the issue.However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and functions normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.