TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Spectrum updated my TV on August 9, 2017from TWC to Spectrum…

Customer Question
Spectrum updated my TV...

Spectrum updated my TV on August 9, 2017from TWC to Spectrum (not at my request. ) It has not worked since then unless I work on it for a while every time to get it working. I think it needs to be downloaded again. I found it was not working right, etc, and would like a repair person to repair it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a Samsung and it is not the tv, but the program they downloaded to bring in Spectrum. Bryan did the work in August. Please send a technician to delete the spectrum program and down load a new one. I am at***** Henderson, Ky.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

This has been going on since August and I thought this was caused by entering the program, Spectrum, wrong. The work order is###-##-####. Please the work order and send a repair man.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I would just like to have my TV repaired and I think it just needs the old Spectrum deleted and a new one downloaded.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/1/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

First, have you tried unplugging the TV for an hour to allow it to reset?

Then try powering it on again?

If that doesn't work, the update may need to be reinstalled manually.