TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony Full HD 1080 that is stuck on the screen

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony Full HD 1080 that is stuck on the screen Choose Language - how do I get past that?

Technician's Assistant: What device is frozen?

The TV

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a SONY Full HD 1080 - 10 years old - was working perfectly 2 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu in that when I go to the language button it gives me the options - English, Spanish, etc but when I click on English and then exot the enu the screen comes up Choose Language - which when I s=chooce English and enter nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

Yesterday morning when it was first turned on (Thursday) Weds night it worked perfectly

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I unplugged the cable box (Xfinity) and the TV for 30 minutes - plugged them both back in - the cable went thru setup and then when the TV screen came on it was still at Choose Language

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/1/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I am on a train headed into the city to work. I will have to do what you have suggested when I get home tonight at about 5:30 pm CST.If I do the above and it does not work - do I initiate a new email request - is their an order # I should refer to?

You can return to this question here and power a message this is no problem.

I will mark the question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

This did not fix the problem. In fact, when I was holding the power button down for the 60 seconds that screen came on.
The problem has been fixed through our cable company. Thanks.

Ok good to hear, if I can help you with anything else, please let me know