TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a question about the new Visio TVs. I understand that…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about the new Visio TVs. I understand that the new ones are set up to work with a cell phone as the remote. Will they still work with a Visio remote?

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

I don't know the model, but it is between 5 and 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I am considering buying a new super HD TV, and would like to get another Visio, but the phone remote is a showstopper. Will the new ones work from a Visio remote as well as with a cell phone?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

There is no issue with the current TV. Just want to get a better one, that will work with the existing remote.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Please connect me to the expert.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that should do it. Thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Yes they will, they come with their own remote , but they can work with a cell phone as well.

If you wish to know if they work with your existing remote you need to check the compatibility for the remote for the model you wish to purchase

But generally they do not and work with the remote provided with them