TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I bought a 65" VIZIO E-series, 4K Ultra HD smartcast

Customer Question
I bought a 65...

I bought a 65 " VIZIO E-series, 4K Ultra HD smartcast television. The sales person at Costco could not tell me how to look at Netflix using my cell phone with no router or internet service. He said that I would need to buy a Google Chromecast dongle to achieve putting the image of my phone onto the wide screen tv.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Chromecast?

I have not taken it out of the box. I will return it if I cannot use my phone. I refuse to pay for cable/internet service.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Are you talking to me? I said I do not have internet service or cable. I want to use the WiFi from my Samsung phone.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/1/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Does your phone have any internet at all? Can you access netflix on it?

Please let me know