TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a Visio E291-A1 tv, using composite red, ,yellow

Customer Question
Have a Visio E291-A1...

Have a Visio E291-A1 tv, using composite red, white,yellow cables. DVD is in B&W. My Roku connection, HDMI cable is in color.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your E291-A1?

Not sure. Maybe 9 years.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works; only have Roku hooked up on HDMI 2& works perfectly. This is the extra kids play room tv. The DVD worked great on this tv before we moved. Hooking it all back up & can't get it right now.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your E291-A1? What happened right before this?

It has not been hooked up for a few months because of our move to a new house. Just tried to hook dvd up on Sunday; at first there was color but no sound. Switched the composite cords on tv & now have sound but no color.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You still have the cables connected wrong if there's no color. What cables are you using- are they red, white and yellow RCA cables?

Okay, right now- what Input is the TV set to (using the Input button on the Vizio remote)? Is it component?

Are you still with me here?

I figured it out myself. Everything is working now. Thanks

Yes, I mentioned Component because that will give a black and white picture when using the 3 colored cables.

The input selection should be AV, with the yellow connected to the Y/Video jack. I'm glad it's working now!

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

No

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)?