TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have black and stuck pixels. Mitsubishi WD-65C9 6 years…

Customer Question
I have black and...

I have black and white stuck pixels

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Mitsubishi WD-65C9 6 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works. Yes same problem in all sources/inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your WD-65C9? What happened right before this?

I have had one or two pixels bad for a few months. But in the past few days it has gotten bad. I can't think of anything that happened before the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I did have the tv off for a few weeks. When I turned it back on the stuck pixels went away now they are coming back, but there are alot more.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The pixels being stuck is caused when the DLP chip is failing. There are tiny mirrors on this chip- each one presenting a pixel, that fall off and cause the dots you're seeing. To fix the set requires replacement of the DLP chip to fix the issue.

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will charge close to $450 parts and labor to replace the chip and can be located using the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?