TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cannot get picture. Message says stb refsw design and then…

Customer Question
Cannot get picture. Message...

Cannot get picture. Message says stb refsw design and then reference board. I unplug the dirty and after several attempts I will get a picture. It has been getting worse. Comcast replaced the x1 platform several and said that the x1 system was fine. My tv is 65” plasma serial number###-##-#### We moved into the house four years ago, so I don’t know how old it is. We have never had any problems with it.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

There are hdmi jacks andav jacks

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

We had a hurricane in September. I was away, but my neighbors may have had a very brief power outage.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/1/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The setup may have been damaged by a power surge. Other parts of the system may have been damaged as well.

Have you tried replacing other components as well as the X1?

None of my neighbors have had any problems.
I am willing to speak to you, but I have already spent $33 and have gotten no answers. So if the call will ensure no additional expense for me then I will consent to a call. Please respond.

You can ignore any automated call offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Different equipment will react in different ways to a surge.