TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Panasonic Viera has a black box dropping down over the

Customer Question
Panasonic Viera has a...

Panasonic Viera has a black box dropping down over the picture every so often?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Viera?

Model TC-P50VT20, 3 or so years?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All seems to work, signal from Charter/Spectrum-

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Viera? What happened right before this?

Last week or two....now and then----sometimes it has been on for most of the day with no issue, other days it just seems to happen as often as every 10 minutes....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We are not really able to take apart this set ourselves.....so we are wondering if we are facing an imminent failure......should we be in touch with repair service.....expensive issue?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
11/30/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I would need to know more on this to tell you if it's even a TV failure or not. What is the size of the box- does it cover the whole screen- part of it, etc.?

Is it only there when watching Charter? In other words, if you watch a DVD or something else does it EVER occur?

Louie, Technician