TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio sound bar and sub woofer, have had about 1-2…

Customer Question
I have a Vizio...

I have a Vizio sound bar and sub woofer, have had about 1-2 years. Just got new 55” LG tv and can’t figure out how to make it work or connect. (My milenial daughter initially hooked it all up on our ten year old lg plasma. Sound bar Serial number is ***** Help!

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 55”?

Brand new

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 55" x2200 1 )? What happened right before this?

We’ve not been able to get the sound bar hooked up. We just got the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the tv remote right here

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model of the soundbar please (rather than the serial) as well as the complete model number of the tv?

Model? No idea. It just has that big V on the front. There is sticker with the Part number:10612100041. TV Model number: 55UJ6540. It’s an LG.
FYI, the “Pairing” light is blinking. Does that mean it’s connected to the sub woofer?
Hello?

There is a model printed on a sticker on the back of the soundbar, I really need that to be able to tell you the specifics of the connection.

The pairing light is the link to the subwoofer.

The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

SB4021E-BO

Thank you for the info,

this soundbar really has only 1 connection method, it is a very basic model so it does not support hdmi, you will need to use an optical cable from the soundbar to the optical port on the back of the tv.

Then set the soundbar to the opt/dig input mode,

and go into the LG menu and look for the Speaker setting, set that to off/external. If the sound does not work right away, you'll need to take the added step of in the tv sound menu setting the audio output/format to PCM/stereo.

questions:
•Optical cable...is that the one with red and white plugs?
•how to set sound bar to opt/dig input mode. I see no such “switch.”
•am I correct in assuming you’re telling me to “turn off” my TV’s sound (external stereo) so that the only sound we’re going to get illbe through the sound bar? On our old plasma we could simply turn the sound bar on and off and it wouldn’t effect the TV’s volume. It simply added a nice stereo sound, richer, better base, etc.

No, optical is a single cord, it is a fiber optic cable, like this: http://amzn.to/2jCfHNw

You should have an INPUT button on the vizio remote.

You can keep both on if you would like, it is not necessary to deactivate the tv speakers, it is just customary to do so as it usually sounds worse when both are on together.

I see the input button on the Vizio remote but how do I know what it does? I tap it and there are four pair of lights on the end of the sound bar - one set blinking - then go off. Then I tap again and the next pair blink then go off... and so on. How am I supposed to know what the input button is doing?

The 2nd pair down from the top is optical mode (top is usb, 3rd down is aux2, bottom is aux1)

No way you’re getting $33 !!! I am pissed. My number is(###) ###-#### Call me please. Nothing said about ANY extra charge! You call me and explain ASAP! This is bs! AND, you couldn’t even get my sound bar hooked up. You did not succeed in this case. I want and deserve a full refund. I post things regularly and will not hesitate to post about this!!! I expect a call at no charge and I expect the $33 (not the $5, though it DID say that was fully refundable too) refunded to my card/account.

The fee is not, and never was only 5. The fees were clearly explained on the payment page, where you agreed to and paid the total fee. The 5 was only to post your question, not the total.

If it is not yet working, you could have replied back at any point to continue the conversation.

I have a job and could not waste more time with you earlier today. And, no, never did I agree to pay $33. I DEMAND A REFUND IMMEDIATELY! You guys are supposed to be the experts. Instead you are . . . I’ll stop there. It should’ve been a very simple job for EXPERTS. However, spending an hour with you didn’t get anything accomplished. Expert? Of what exactly? I would like a call from your supervisor.

You may self manage any billing or account matters from the help page. Best of luck to you.