TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How to get started with the converter box for tv? What are…

Customer Question
How to get started with...
How to get started with the converter box for tv? What are cables needed?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/30/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the brand and model number of the converter box and what's the model number off of the back of your TV?

Dsconverter. Samsung LN32C350D1XZA

I don't know that model converter- that's the MODEL NUMBER?

(For example: DTX9900)

Please send a picture of the back of the unit and I can help (Dsconverter makes about 30 different models).

Dtx9950

Thank you. Plug the antenna into the "ANT IN" on the converter. Then run a set of red, white and yellow RCA cables (only) to the TV- matching the colors on the cables. Then use the Samsung remote's SOURCE button to select "AV" and you should get the setup screen for the converter on the TV. You will then use the converter's remote to perform the setup. Let me know what happens.

I️ don’t have converter remote

You can't do anything without the converter remote, it's what sets up the box.

The remote is not available for purchase for that box either. Let's try this- have you connected the cables as described and used the Samsung remote to select AV? What do you see on your screen?

I don't know? What name brand is on it??

There you go!

Sounds like you're good to go! Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Thank you! Let me see if it does work

Okay sounds good! Let me know please.

Any luck?

The channels keep disappearing
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Customer Service