TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When attempting to play a DVD, I can't get the TV/Video

Customer Question
When attempting to play...

When attempting to play a DVD, I can't get the TV/Video button to move from HDMI 1 to video 1 where I can access the DVD

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Panasonic TH-42PX600U. 11 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu button does not present a menu. I do access TV programming through Verizon FIOS,

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TH-42PX600U? What happened right before this?

I did have to move the TV to another room for a few hours. I did not remove any of the connections, I just unplugged from the surge protector and was able to move the TV. When we moved it back to its original place, I reconnected it to the surge protector and the TV worked fine. I only used the FIOS remote, not the Panasonic remote.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/30/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

When you press the tv/video button, do you see the input list of different options at all? Or does it bring up the list but video1 does not show there?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.