TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony TV Model KDL-46HX729..Ser. No. 302-4039. Every…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony TV Model KDL-46HX729..Ser. No.(###) ###-#### Every time I turn it on within 4 minutes it shuts off..sometimes I will be watching it and it just shuts off red light blinks we have tries different methods like pushing the power button to get it on or the systems button or sometimes we have to unplug it to get it to come on..Now we have it unplugged and the TV will not come on...Hope you help me with this most exasperating problem..Thank you

Technician's Assistant: How old is your KDL-46HX729?

I purchased it in 2012

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

We are plugging it in....we just left it off for 25 minutes,,my husband turned it on and it seems to be working..so now I do not know what to say..okay he got the menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your KDL-46HX729? What happened right before this?

This has been for about a month..We would turn it on and after 25 minutes it would go off..now when we turn it on it usually goes off in 4 minutes and now he just turned it on and it is working..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It is also connected to a box

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/30/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

That blinking light on the set is an error code. It will blink a pattern ( for example: 8 blinks, 8 blinks, etc.). If this occurs again, please count the number of blinks between pauses and let me know. I can then look it up and tell you what may be causing this.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with the question you posted?