TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a smart tv and am trying to attach it to antenna.

Customer Question
I have a smart...

I have a smart tv and am trying to attach it to antenna. When I go into the menu it is saying the 'broadcast' function is not available. I have unplugged the HDMI1 and HDMi2 and attached the antenna cable

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I got it 2 years ago. It is 55in and a smart Samsung tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No just on broadcast

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I have not tried attaching the TV to the wall antenna outlet until today

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/30/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Good morning! What is your TV model number?

un55j820dafxza
I do not want to pay $26 to talk. Can you help me thru this chat?

That doesn't seem to pull up any TVs in my database.

Sorry, that's not me asking. That's the site. I try to warn everyone in my opening. I'm sorry it does that.

un55j8620dafxza

That doesn't pull up anything either.

Did you get the 2nd model #
Thank you. I will expect a $5 refund

I did

I have no problem sending you to customer service to receive a refund. They will refund you back that no problem. I'm just curious is it because I can't locate your TV?

I can still troubleshoot with you. I just have to give generic Samsung directions if you would be willing to try with me. They make those numbers hard to read.