TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV is on but nothing comes on the screen. It is a Smart TV.

Customer Question
TV is on but...

TV is on but nothing comes on the screen. It is a Smart TV

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

TV was in storage for 3 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

NO Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

There is still nothing on the screen

If you press the menu button on the TV's remote does the menu show?

no still nothing I am in mexico and the phone service is not good

Do you hear audio from the TV?

No there is no sound

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard then in the TV that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician